Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs
Cooking the meatballs in simmering pasta sauce will not only add so much extra flavor to the sauce the meatballs will be melt-in-your-mouth tender, you may of course oven-bake the meatballs for about 25 minutes, --- don't be afraid to add in more Parmesan cheese and a little more milk, there is no need to measure exactly, this recipe is pretty much foolproof, leftover cooked meatballs make a wonderful pizza topping just slice thinly and freeze until ready to use. These also make wonderful juicy burgers shaped into patties. (Recipes courtesy of Food.com. Chef Kittencalskitchen).
Category: Ground Beef - Ready in: 20m - Cooking time: 30m -
For 4 people
- 1.5 pound(s) ground beef (a mixture of 1 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound ground pork will work well also)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 0.5 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 0.33 cup(s) breadcrumbs (or use enough to hold the meat together (no dry breadcrumbs? just soak 3 slices of bread in the 1/3 )
- teaspoon(s) fresh minced garlic (or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste)
- teaspoon(s) salt (or to taste, I use 2 teaspoons seasoned salt)
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
- 0.33 cup(s) milk (can use up to 1/2 cup milk)
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) dried oregano (optional, or to taste)
- 0.25 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tablespoons dried parsley)
Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs Directions
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape into small meatballs (at this point you can place on a jelly-roll/baking sheet and freeze to use later, or cover with plastic wrap refrigerate up to 24 hours before using).
- Drop the meatballs into simmering pasta sauce, do not stir for at least 20 minutes or you will risk breaking the meatballs.
- Continue cooking in the simmering sauce for another 20 minutes (depending on how fast your sauce is simmering 40 minutes total should fully cook the meatballs).
- After the 40 minutes cooking time continue cooking your sauce with the meatballs in for as long as desired.
- **note** you may also bake the meatballs at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until cooked through.