Pork Chops With Caramelized Onion-mushroom Sauce
Lip-smackin'-good. Crock-pot-easy. Diner-pleaser. Nice presentation. Is there anything better? NAAAAAAAH. Caroline's note: Lots of people don't use Bay Leaf; however, it adds tremendously to this dish; just don't forget to take it out before serving. (Recipes courtesy of Food.com - Chef Caroline Cooks).
Category: Pork Chops - Ready in: 15m - Cooking time: 8h -
For 4 Servings(s)
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 0.5 flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced and separated
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 0.25 cup(s) half-and-half (optional)
- teaspoon(s) cornstarch (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
Pork Chops With Caramelized Onion-mushroom Sauce Directions
- Season chops with flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium-high heat; sauté chops until golden brown.
- Add onions and lightly brown.
- Add 1 tablespoons unsalted butter; when melted, add mushrooms. Remove and de-glaze skillet with 1/3 cup beef broth or wine, if preferred.
- Pour remaining beef broth into crock pot.
- Add sauce from skillet, Worcestershire and spices; add chops, onions and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 7-8 hours, until very tender.
- EXTRACT BAY LEAF.
- Turn temperature to HIGH; add 1 tablespoons butter.
- Mix cornstarch with Half and Half.
- Whisk to blend well. Add to crock pot and whisk.
- Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes(depending on sauce thickness preferred).
- Serve over cooked rice.