Beth's Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Ribs (Oven)
I almost didn't want to share this ribs recipe because this is one of the dishes that I make that keep my sons coming back home! These can be done with baby back or regular pork ribs. I have also made split chickens this way. The ribs are tender, moist and just slide off of the bone. I know that your family will love them just as much as my family does. I noticed that some are unable to find hickory smoked salt. You can use smoked paprika or just brush the ribs with liquid smoke before applying the rub. The smoke flavor is nice because it helps give the ribs a cooked-on-the-grill flavor. Also, the easiest way to remove the membrane is to work a spoon, or I use the tips of my kitchen shears, into the bottom center of the membrane, work it back and forth to form a "pocket," then I slide my thumbs in and work the membrane off from the center outward to the ends. (Recipes courtesy of Food.com. Chef Not 2 Sweet).
For 6 people
- 4 pound(s) pork ribs
- 0.75 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) hickory smoke salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper (optional)
- 2 cup(s) of your favorite barbecue sauce
Beth's Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Ribs (Oven) Directions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees f.
- Peel off tough membrane that covers the bony side of the ribs.
- Mix together the sugar and spices to make the rub.
- Apply rub to ribs on all sides.
- Lay ribs on two layers of foil, shiny side out and meaty side down.
- Lay two layers of foil on top of ribs and roll and crimp edges tightly, edges facing up to seal.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat is starting to shrink away from the ends of the bone.
- Remove from oven.
- Heat broiler.
- Cut ribs into serving sized portions of 2 or 3 ribs.
- Arrange on broiler pan, bony side up.
- Brush on sauce.
- Broil for 1 or 2 minutes until sauce is cooked on and bubbly.
- Turn ribs over.
- Repeat on other side.
- Alternately, you can grill the ribs on your grill to cook on the sauce.